The Williamson County AgriLife Extension Service will offer a Fruit Growers Forum on Friday, September 16, 2022. The program will take place from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Dickey-Givens Community Center, 260 S. Dolan Street, in Taylor, TX 76574.
Pre-registration is required at https://williamson.agrilife.org/events/. The program is $35 and lunch is included. Commercial fruit growers and hobby gardeners alike will benefit from this program. At the end of the program, you will have the opportunity to ask questions of the experts and local growers.
Topics and presenters:
– Strawberry Production: Dr Russ Wallace
– Plant Stresses: Dr Thayne Montague
– Growing Peaches in Central Texas: Dr Tim Hartmann
– Understanding the EIQ (Environmental Impact Quotient): Jacy Lewis
– New Crop: Raspberries in Central Texas: Jacy Lewis
– Marketing Your Fruit Crops: Lauren Mayes, Texas Department of Agriculture
Contact the Williamson County Extension Office for more information at 512-943-3300.